Meet Dr. Colón
Dr. Francisco Colón is a board-certified plastic surgeon in private practice with The Peer Group for Plastic Surgery in New Jersey. As a dedicated and experienced plastic surgeon, he is able to expertly perform all cosmetic and reconstructive surgery procedures of the face, breast and body. He has a special interest in facial rejuvenation including facelifts, eyelid lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, and injectable wrinkle treatments. He is regarded as a compassionate surgeon with a keen eye for natural results.
Dr. Colón has become one of New Jersey’s most respected plastic surgeons. He is often referred as a top surgeon choice for breast reconstruction surgeries, applying both artistic and flawless technical skills to provide his reconstruction patients with outstanding, natural results. His skill restores the quality of a normal life following his patients’ breast cancer surgeries and additional treatments. Dr. Colón also performs breast augmentation surgery, breast lift surgery, and body contouring. He offers patients all aspects of facial rejuvenation, from full facelift surgeries, to the liquid facelift, which transforms the face, using advanced nonsurgical treatments.
Education and Training
Dr. Colón earned his medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and then completed his plastic surgery training and fellowship at Harvard Medical School before joining The Peer Group in 1995. Dr. Colón came by his work quite naturally, growing up observing his father, a respected surgeon in Puerto Rico. Dr. Colón was drawn to plastic surgery because of the artistic, creative, and technical qualities of this field of medicine. Patients find Dr. Colón to be a focused and precise practitioner whose goal is to work in conjunction with the patient to achieve the best possible result.
In addition to his work at The Peer Group, Dr. Colón maintains a dedication to charitable work. He has participated as a volunteer surgeon in medical missions to Thailand, Peru and the Philippines to help children with congenital deformities and women with breast cancer.
Dr. Colón says, “In plastic surgery, we are usually trying to reconstruct a particular problem, whether it is related to cancer, trauma, or just aging. There is nothing more gratifying than seeing what you can do to help others with your hands and your imagination.”
Awards and Recognitions
- Castle Connolly, Medical Ltd, Top Docs NY Metro Area, 2007-2016
- Top Doctors, Inside Jersey, A Star Ledger Magazine, 2010-2018
- Top Doctors for Women's Health, Inside Jersey, A Star Ledger Magazine, 2015 and 2016
- Top Doctor for Cancer, Inside Jersey, A Star Ledger Magazine, 2014-2016
- 2016 and 2015 NJ Top Doctor
- NJ Top Docs 2015, World Wide Registry
- Castle Connolly, Regional Top Doctor 2012, 2013, 2014
- Best Doctors, Inc., Best Doctors In America, Listed consecutively since 2003-2014
- American Cancer Society, 2013 Diamond Ball Award for Medical Excellence in Breast Cancer Reconstruction
- 2013 Vitals Patient Choice Award
- Consumers' Research Council of America, Guide to America's Top Plastic Surgeons, 2010-2012
- Top Docs NY Metro Area, 15th Edition, 2012
- Top Docs NY Metro Area, 14th Edition, 2011
- NJ Savvy Living, New Jersey's Best Beauty Doctor, Feb. 2010 Issue, Jan. 2011 Issue
- Top Doctor, NJ Monthly, 2008-2010
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon, The Daily Record Reader's Choice, 2009-2010
- The Daily Record Readers’ Choice, Best Cosmetic Surgeon, 2009 & 2010
- NJ Savvy Living, 2006-2009
Dr. Colón is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and belongs to multiple professional organizations including American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons, and Morris County Medical Society. Dr. Colón has also served as the Chief of the Section of Plastic Surgery at Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, New Jersey.
Dr. Colon does not participate in any commercial insurance plans. Traditional Medicare is the only Medicare plan in which he participates.
Your Checklist For Getting The Best Tummy Tuck In New Jersey
If you’re considering a tummy tuck to tighten your abdominal area, check out this important information to help you plan for your surgery.Read
Knowing The Different Types Of Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery that can enhance the look and shape of your breasts. Read below to learn more.Read
Eliminating Lower Eyelid Wrinkles in New Jersey
A blepharoplasty or dermal fillers can treat wrinkles or bags under the eyes. Find out what you can do to rejuvenate the skin around your eyes.Read
Get The Best Results From Your Facelift Surgery
Look your best and defy your age with a rhytidectomy procedure. Know what to do before and after surgery to get the results you deserve.Read